10/29/2009

Thursday's Thoughts -

Signs are very popular these days. You see those that make you laugh, those that make a statement and then those that on the right day, really hit home.
Last night as I was getting ready for bed the picture hanging on our wall caught my eye. I see it every day but after spending 2 hours waiting in line to pay our respects to a wonderful, young man that lost his life to a tragic accident last weekend I realize how short life really is and the importance in living, laughing and loving, every day.

I have never quite seen anything like it although the mass number of people coming to see Hart's family isn't surprising. When I arrived around 6:00 p.m. there was traffic stopped on the main highway. The parking lot, all grassy areas and roadway was lined with cars. It took over two hours to get through the parking lot and into the building. Once inside, another long line however we were greeted by Hart's dad who was so appreciative of everyone coming out. The entrance and hallway was so personable. Hart's hats, boots, pictures, WV flag, diplomas and all kinds of personal stuff surrounded us. It was becoming more and more difficult for Cierra to hold back her tears but she kept fighting. Hart's sister greeted us and spoke of her brother and how he loved the Fair, too. Hart's Mother was holding up so well; such an amazing woman. As Cierra talked to her about how much she liked Hart and what an impact he had on her during the Fair, his Mom too became emotional and told Cierra of how they plan to do something for the Fair in memory of Hart. This is a wonderful family who has been through so much yet remains strong.

So it is now that I realize how short life can be and how grateful I am for my family and being so close to my children. I can't imagine losing a child but can only try to understand the pain. I think I do a pretty good job of making the most of every day but there's always room for improvement. No better time than now, right?

I don't typically blog about the 'raw' me but I think you will agree that the loss of such a young, wonderful person that had an impact on so many people gives us reason to want to Live, Laugh and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment