11/26/2009

Where do I start?

There is SO MUCH to be thankful for! I don't think I can top Ronnie's post and have to admit I was very surprised. When I first logged on and saw that picture, I was certain my "blog" had a virus....where did that picture come from?! Then as I began to read I realized all the thought that went into a few paragraphs for all my blogging friends to read. Wow - I too, am very thankful for my life with Ronnie and do realize we are very blessed as well as 'fortunate'. The world is a tough place these days but our journey just keeps getting better. There have been some remarks out there calling us "Barbie and Ken". Call it what you want but we do have a pretty good life and don't take it for granted, ever.

Today was full of traditions; fried turkey, dinner at our home, family around the table, talk about Christmas and then there are those sales that start at midnight. We also started some new traditions, had some new faces and even some new food! Yeah for Paula Dean, right?!

Cierra, Kayden and I even ventured out to Michael's tonight to pick up some things for those 'hand made' gifts.

Now Kayden's in bed, Cierra is napping until she's picked up at 11:30 (for a night of shopping) and Ronnie and I would be relaxing.

I hope everyone out there had a blessed, memorable and thankful day!

Here's a run through of our day -

Our morning tradition - It's hard to believe it's been 6 years since Britt was in the parade...
Our family...
The 'bird' getting ready be dropped in the fryer. Ronnie says this is the only day of the year he drinks a beer before noon, lol! Yum...all golden brown..Lord, please bless this food....Now it's time to exchange names....All the grandkids w/Grandma and Butch....And here's the smallest blessing that means so much to all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment