11/30/2009

Catchin' up!

Thanksgiving was great and the weekend was very relaxing! On Friday we kept Kayden while the 'gang' went "Black Friday" shopping at midnight - she is just the best!


Since we were 'kid less' we decided to head out for the evening. We stopped at Walmart and picked up some decorations, presents and basic needs then stopped by the mall just before closing. I wanted an attachment for my Kitchenaid to make turkey salad (never made it before but love it with leftover turkey). I ran in Country Treasures for some lights and garland for the railing then off to eat. We decided on TGIFriday's because I love the fried green beans! It was a nice night out.
On Saturday, we remained kid less and literally did NOTHING! We slept in, watched many, many episodes of Seinfeld then decided to pick up some seafood and ice cream (not sure where that combination came from but it was good).

Sunday was another lazy day however I did get all the laundry done, one of our Christmas trees up, all of Kayden's bows finished and the railing wrapped.
The kids were both here for most of the day so were energized to get their rooms moved around. Wow, what work! Cierra is all settled in Britt's room (all except the bed which will be here Friday) but we're making Chase wait until after Christmas to move into the other 1/2 of the basement. They are like twins when it comes to this kind of stuff. What one has, the other wants. Oh well, it keeps things interesting!

I also decided to try my hand at using my Cricut for vinyl lettering for my walls....

Here's a blast from the past - when we first bought this for Cierra some people (won't name) thought we were crazy for spending all that money on a quilt. Since I have gotten into quilting I totally appreciate the value of a quilt now though. But hey, I was able to recycle it for Kayden's room. I still love it!

Spaghetti was on the menu for dinner so Britt and Brandon stopped by for the leftovers. I have to admit that it seems really weird not having her around. Don't you agree 21 years is a long time to be around then 'poof', she's gone? :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice,relaxing weekend. Love the vinyl lettering, and the cute quilt. My dad's aunts use to make quilts.

    Don't worry, the kids always come back! lol

    ReplyDelete