3/17/2010

Large, Really?

Ok, yesterday was one of those days where we really needed something to cheer us up! This little situation actually made me laugh.

How many of us are really confused sometimes by sizes? A size 6 at AE equals a size 4 from J Crew. Last year a large from Hollister was super snug and this year a small fits best. Go figure. I once read an article about how clothing designers were looking for ways to make people feel good about themselves thus cutting sizes bigger than normal. With that in mind, as a size 6 I would think it was pretty cool to be able to wear a 4 in another brand. All the more reason I can still have those chocolate cupcakes with white swirls (huh Mendie) and still wear small sizes. I think you get the point.

Anyway, Cierra has been doing really good watching her calories and is down a size or two in jeans/pants. She still gets a large in shirts (so do I) since they are cut smaller. But when her package came yesterday from AE we really chuckled. This is a size Large.......
not from the Plus section, either :) Go figure. Regardless, today I made a run to the mall and picked up a small. Shew...much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment