9/25/2012

The Lord is my shepherd....


It seems that's the Psalm that is typically written in loved ones memorial card  and I've always loved this for many reasons.  First because Brittany used to recite this in her car seat over and over.  Without prompting.  In some ways it scared me because I used to wonder if she knew something I didn't.  

Secondly because it is so powerful.  So full of meaning.  So comforting.

Today another angel makes her way to the pearly gates.  Will get to see those open arms.  Will meet up with those that passed before her.



Today Millie goes home.

I am not only saddened by the loved ones hurt but also because I can't be there.  I can't let them know that I care.  That I feel their pain.  Be supportive.  And while I may be 1,000 miles away, I hope they know that I am truly with them in spirit.

I remember the first time I met Millie.  I rode in my now brother-in-law's jeep.  Over the blue bridge and up into the mountain.  Way up in the mountain.  Windy roads that I thought were very scary.  I thought we would never arrive but nearly a half hour later, we did arrive.  Millie and PopPop made me feel at home.  I sat in their living room with my sister and answered whatever questions Millie asked so she would know me a little better.  

The years passed and we shared many dinners with Millie.  She always made us laugh.  That's how I will remember her.  And while I know this is a very difficult time for PopPop, John, Donna and her many loved ones, she is in a better place.  

So until we all see her again, take care Millie.  You will forever be in our hearts.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment