12/12/2015

One PROUD Momma (and Pappa)!

Cierra has been working hard as a full time student at Blue Ridge.  It's a small, 2-year school.  She has truly LOVED it there.  Everyone is like family.  She has made lots of friends of all ages and your advisor has been awesome.  She knows most of the staff on a first name basis.  One of the perks of a small school.

When she texted us a letter she received honoring her on December 9th as the Outstanding Student of the Semester for the Education Program I can't say I was surprised but very honored and excited for her.

So on Wednesday we attended -




Just listening to the stories of these students confirmed our initial thoughts of Blue Ridge.  Just an awesome school.

When it came time for Cierra to be presented, listening to the description of her advisor and then her 'pervious advisor' that is on maternity leave was overwhelming.  What a role model she is.  What an awesome student she is.  What an awesome individual she is.  How very proud we are.




I could tell she was very appreciative and somewhat humbled.  But when President Checkovich started speaking about the overall Outstanding Student of the Semester, he glanced at Cierra.  The more I listen, the more I know it was her!  WOW.  Her eyes welled up with tears but she gathered herself together for a picture.


or two -

but even better was the conversation she had with the President afterward.  One-on-one.  Very personal.  He told her to let him know if she needed a letter of recommendation or ANYTHING.  Priceless.

Of course we had to get some pics with the celebrity, too =)



I know she will be an awesome teacher some day -  Here's what she had to say:

As I told Brett (my advisor) and President Checkovich, if Blue Ridge was a university, I wouldn't think twice about studying all 4 years there. It is truly one big family; I have never loved a school more than I've loved Blue Ridge. It doesn't seem real that next semester is my last semester with all of the wonderful role models I have encountered over my two years of studying. The staff and instructors at Blue Ridge have done nothing but motivate me to be the person I am. I am incredibly honored to be the Outstanding Student of the Education department, as well as the Overall Outstanding Student of the Semester. Don't think I wasn't overwhelmed with tears of joy when Dr. Checkovich looked directly at me when giving his speech for the Student of the Semester. Here's to becoming the best educator I can be 📚🍎

No comments:

Post a Comment