8/16/2013

Just another day at work....

So while it is really just another day, after the work day ends I kinda feel lost. This week I was in Des Moines, Iowa. Not a bad place. In fact, it reminds me a lot of home.   Here's a recap in photos (iPhone...didn't take my good camera)

I arrived on Wednesday evening without my luggage. Oh no! So I took the appropriate steps and was assured it would come. It would be late but would arrive.


I go get checked in. Have dinner -



No surprise but at 2:16 a.m. I woke up. Panicked. No luggage. I called the front desk only to hear what I expected. They hadn't seen it. After I called the number on the paper, I was finally told it had actually arrived at the Des Moines airport. BUT.....I couldn't pick it up until 9:30 a.m. Ummmm Noooo I am her for work. And I don't work at a bank. So I got up at 7 and made a trip to the airport. I waited for the first flight to come in (kinda stalked the desk) and the approached the poor man that had just come in. He was very nice and pulled open the door and found my brown, wheeled suitcase with the bright rainbow ribbon, ha! I was a happy girl.

I made it to work by 9:15 - a pretty normal day. I try to see what is happening around the area and low and behold, IOWA state fair was just blocks away. Toby Keith was the nightly entertainment. But no, I didn't go. Didn't really feel like dealing with tens of thousands of people and a shuttle.

I was feeling a little guilty too since everyone back home was working so hard to get ready for the fair. I poured the guilt on just a little more by getting my toes done - 


then having PF Changs for dinner -


then choosing some yummy Cheesecake Factory coconut chocolate chip cheesecake for dessert -


Oh and look - even Des Moines has bunny rabbits -


Back to my hotel room I go, enjoying the view -


Eat my cheesecake -


 and then pack for my departure in the morning.

Yep, just another day at work.

P.S.  Chase always asks what kind of car I have.  Well, he wouldn't be too impressed this time -  (hehe)!




No comments:

Post a Comment