12/10/2012

She's here....

Sunday was 'shower' day. Ronnie always jokes and asks why you have showers for babies...are they dirty?! LOL.

What a perfect day -




Britt was a little uncomfortable but survived, ha!



She and Brandon received a multitude of gifts -



and by the end of the day she was pretty much exhausted.

Around 10:30 p.m. she was very uncomfortable so decided to call the dr. She had some app on her iPhone that was awesome and tracked her contractions. Regardless, she headed to Winchester to be checked out.

By 11:30 I received the call that all was good and she would be released in a few hours.

At 12:38 a.m. the house phone was ringing and I was being informed that she was actually dilated to 6-7 centimeters and needed to head there. Geez..

Cierra was all about being there so I gathered her up, picked up G'ma and we arrived to find the waiting room empty.  Within a few minutes,  Brandon's parents arrived and very shortly Brandon appeared.

Thumbs up.
Smiling.

So of course I said..."what"?? Did she already have the baby?! And he said "Yep, she's in NICU"! She was born at 2:42 a.m.

Wow.  There wasn't a dry eye in the waiting room.  I had flash backs to when Britt was born. When I thought she would never become a Mom. To the many times we sat in the waiting room while she had her many surgeries. I couldn't help it. (nor could the rest of the waiting room).

We were able to see Britt right away. She looked GREAT! Pretty much normal. The waiting was to see Brooklyn. We were anxious with little information. No weight. No length. But it all seemed fine. A little after 5 we were gathered up and headed to NICU. We had to scrub for 3 minutes each. Then one by one we marched into the small room and were introduced to Brooklyn Makenna.



She is perfect.
She is beautiful.
She is small.
We LOVE her.
We continue to pray for her.

She came about 9 weeks early but all is well. She's 3 lbs, 12 oz. and is 15 1/2 inches long. What a Christmas gift. I am so proud of Brittany.   And Brandon is already very protective of his little girl =) They are going to be the best parents Brooklyn could ask for. It makes me smile. I know she makes me one happy Gigi =)  So welcome to the world precious little girl.  I can't wait to spoil you =)

So CONGRATULATIONS Britt and Brandon - Enjoy every minute with your new little bundle of joy!




1 comment:

  1. Awww Congrats to you all :) She is tiny tiny !!! I will pray that she continues to be strong and healthy:) Love the photo of the proud new parents!!!

    ReplyDelete