12/19/2012

for the next few days....

we will be celebrating my Grandma's life.

My sister and I knew her by Ma and we have tons of memories. Instant coffee with carnation milk. Playing with old purses and Cashmere bouquet powder cans. Hiding between the drop leaves of her old, heavy table. Spaghetti in her packed kitchen when my Aunt was down. Tons and tons of memories.

My children also have their share. Ma would drive out after work whenever invited. She attended any and all celebrations and loved laugh.

She loved to read Piggly Wiggly.
She loved UNO.
She loved the color green and lemon pie.
She was so easy to tease.
She was 90.
She was ready.
She believed.
She will be missed.

When I visited her a few weeks ago, I took this picture of her hands -

She had such pretty hand writing. But now, those hands are wrinkled. They are tired and ready to hold the hands of an angel in Heaven to walk through those pearly gates.

 Quickly I put together some pictures to share with the family and friends that come visit tonight and tomorrow. For those of you that knew her, you will smile. For those of you that didn't, I hope you can smile as well.

We love you, Ma and will miss you so. xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment