5/21/2012

My piece of the puzzle -

This is the message I received after I uploaded my picture -

Thank you and congratulations!  Your photo is now a part of history and will be preserved for generations to come.


On May 30th we will launch a completely new web-site featuring all photos submitted.

Pretty cool, huh?!  So what photo did I chose to be a part of history?


I chose the category, Connections.  Why connections?  Well, this was the description:  Photos related to everything that connects us to each other. Like community, technology, family, energy, faith, cultures, politics and lifestyle.

These words accompanied my submission:

I have never been a fan of rose bushes.  Love to get roses but this was just never a flower that filled our yard with color.  Never our 'go to' flower when we were shopping for something new/different.

My Dad on the other hand, has always LOVED roses.  He has them EVERYWHERE.  Rose bushes line his house.  Rose bushes line his fence line.  And most recently, rose bushes line their beach house.

Dad was diagnosed at the end of March with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.  I was shocked.  I was scared.  I wasn't quite sure what to think.  I was traveling when I received the call.  The worst.  But being alone allowed me time to think. To realize what this meant.  To understand first hand that life is short.  To really know what it means when people say "live every day like your last".  To feel helpless.  And most importantly what it means to have faith AND rely on faith.


When Mother's Day came around, I searched to find just the right present for my Mom (and sister).  I found these beautiful orange rose bushes. Now each of us can have one of them in honor of Dad.  To look at each day and think of him.  And, I finally have a LOVE for rose bushes after ALL these years, ha!  I'm thinking this is just the first of many that will soon fill our yard.

Thus the perfect picture to become a part of history!

No comments:

Post a Comment