4/03/2011

The 23rd Psalm...


has always been my favorite Psalm. Maybe it's because it's the only one I really ever learned. Maybe it's because it's typically one you see in funeral homes and is known to provide some comfort to those who have lost loved ones. Or maybe it's because when Brittany was just 4 she could recite this Psalm. I clearly remember having her in the back seat, buckled in her car seat and she would, out of no where, begin to say....

The Lord is My Shepherd, I shall not want
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
He leadeth me beside the still waters
He restoreth my soul
He leadeth in the paths or righteousness for his name's sake

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil; for thou art with me
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies
Thou annointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

But today it's all about everything coming together with meaning.....

First, you know I'm a reader, thinker, writer....and since we have some pretty big plans for Reba, I decided to buy this -



and I have already learned SO much! The book frequently refers to us as the "shepherd". Which I guess makes sense. Kinda. Think about it. This sheep is totally our responsibility. She needs food, guidance, care and has to trust us to provide all she needs, right?

Then today the sermon was about the 23rd Psalm. We had communion since it was the 1st Sunday then we were all anointed with 'healing oil'. For those of us that weren't sick, it could be considered preventative =)

And then 'speaking of Britt', on Friday when I cleaned out my desk drawer I found this -



She made this for me when she was 6 and was recovering from one of her surgeries. Many of our friends brought her crafts and things to keep her busy. This little egg has so much meaning....

I don't know...maybe it's just me but it sure does feel like everything is connecting here! Regardless....the morale of the story is that I LOVE the 23rd Psalm. Just sayin'!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post Bev :) Not that your others aren't BUT this one is one I LOVE too !!!
    Hoping your weekend was fantastic !!!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete