4/28/2010

Just a normal day -

I am a fan of Ali Edwards - I stumbled upon some of her scrapbooking templates and digital kits and have been hooked ever since. While visiting her blog she referenced one of her favorite quotes from Mary Jean Iron....she goes on to say she recites this to herself quite frequently....

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.

It's funny because what is considered normal today hasn't always been....I remember when there was no soccer, no baseball, no dancing, no cheerleading, no 4H, no Scouts....just work then home to enjoy these little children...


Wow - these days things are so very different. Rarely do we have an evening with 'nothing' on the agenda. Weekends are packed with something the kids are involved in. Dinner? Well, that happens just before bedtime. Tucking them in? Well, most nights that's hollering good night down the stairs before we head up. I honestly think they stay up later than we do, ha!

There is one thing that I consider quality time though. Each morning as Chase and Cierra wait for the school bus we have a few (yes, just a few) minutes to ourselves. Sitting in the car....we still say our morning prayer although it's been adjusted over the years to include new family members....then it's off on the bus with a quick "have a good day, I love you". Probably the only normal part of the day =)

So with all this said, I wish you a wonderfully normal, ordinary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment