5/09/2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I stumbled upon a "Mom" book on Friday while 'killing' time in the airport. I didn't buy it for my Mom, or Ashley nor any other Mom; I bought it for me.

Now keep in mind that my children are 12, 13, 21 and 26 so I've been a Mom for many years and have certainly made my share of mistakes. But still, I thought it may be worthwhile to keep this close by to remind me of ways to help each of my children remember me. Like the saying goes, we can't change the past but we can change the future.

So, here's some of the things I hope my children can say one day:

Because of you, I believe in myself.
Because of you, I feel safe.
Because of you, I feel inspired.
Because of you, I see what really counts.
Because of you, the world is full of wonders.
Because of you, I still believe in miracles.
Because of you, I've always had a safe harbor.
Because of you, I know generosity.
Because of you, I know kindness.
Because of you, I find beauty everywhere.
Because of you, I stop to smell the roses.
Because of you, I dream bigger.
Because of you, I know nothing is too good to be true.
Because of you, I look for the silver lining.
Because of you, holidays are magical.
Because of you, I know there's always a way.
Because of you, I feel supported.
Because of you, life is fun.
Because of you, little things really do mean a lot.
Because of you, I welcome tomorrow.
Because of you, I have memories to last a lifetime.
Because of you, I am me!

Wow, I have lots of work to do kids but it's worth it! I am so blessed to have each of you and love you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment