3/18/2014

St. Patty's Day -

Sometimes celebrating isn't about having a green beer.  Or wearing green beads.  It can also be about celebrating life.  Unfortunately that's how we celebrated this year -

My brother-in-law's father transitioned into his new life last week.  He met up with his wife of many, many MANY years.  So we stood in the cold (24 degrees).  We watched the snow fall.  And we watched the american flag be unfolded, saluted and refolded then handed to my brother-in-law.  

I even was lucky enough to get an orange rose from the casket spray.



It's a day to remember and he's a man to remember.  I learned things about him that I didn't even know.  Very interesting man.  Very intelligent man (I didn't just learn that =).  He was a 'father' to my sister for the past 34 years.  But everything has once again changed.  Once again we say.....things will never be the same.  Life goes on.

So we adjust.  We accept.  It is what it is.

We decided to grab some lunch at a 'local' place in Shepherdstown -




We took some pics while we waited.




Our food was yummy -






And in activities someone forgot to put money in the meter, ha!


Oh well......it could ALWAYS be worse.

I saw lots of celebrations and know lots of people had green beer, green beads and shamrocks were hanging but we wouldn't change a thing about our day of 'celebration'.  Rest in Peace PopPop.  You will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment